1 ½ cup sugar
3 ½ oz butter at room temperature
26 Tbsp coconut milk
1 cup whole milk
1 ½ cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup grated coconut
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and store the whites in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, add sugar, butter, yolks and beat until the mix is clear and fluffy.
- Add 13 Tbsp of coconut milk and mix.
- Add flour and mix. Stir with a spatula and beat for 30 seconds more.
- Add ½ cup of whole milk and continue beating.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites to a stiff peak and transfer them to the previous bowl, mixing with care without beating.
- Lastly, add the baking powder and mix well.
- Grease and flour a pan and place the contents from the bowl inside it. Preheat oven to 356 degrees and bake for 30 minutos.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the topping. Mix the sweetened condensed milk with ½ cup of milk and 13 Tbsp of coconut milk.
- When the cake is ready, pierce it with a fork several times and pour the topping over the still hot cake.
- Garnish with grated coconut.