Craving chicken and a hearty pasta dish tonight? Start this flavorful recipe by lightly browning your chicken with a smidge of olive oil and then add in fresh vegetable and fettuccine. Mix it up with a variety of pastas for something new every meal.
- 3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create six chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 ounces fresh French green beans, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into ½” slices
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken with garlic, Italian seasoning and seasoned salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet in two batches and cook 5 to 10 minutes each batch or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Turn chicken halfway through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Add green beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 4 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and add to hot fettuccine.
- Stir flour and remaining tablespoon butter into skillet drippings. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour hot chicken broth over fettuccine with vegetables. Add any chicken juices accumulated from cooked chicken. Toss well.
- Serve pasta with vegetables on a platter and top with cooked chicken breast fillets.