- 2 3/4 CUP Quick oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 CUP Pure maple syrup
- 1/4 CUP Peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 5 oz Chocolate chips
- 1/2 CUP Peanut butter
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment or wax paper, and set aside.
- Stir together the maple syrup, 1/4 cup peanut butter, water, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the oats and salt.
- Transfer about 2/3 of the mixture to the pan, and press down very well, using a second sheet of parchment to press it evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, carefully melt the chocolate and 1/2 cup peanut butter.
- Stir until smooth. Pour this evenly on top of the crust in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining oat crumbles on top of the chocolate layer, then press down.
- Refrigerate or freeze until firm enough to cut squares.