This are the 21 thing you must do before you die. comment what do you think!
Walk under a waterfall
Make a road trip
Learn a foreign language
Visit the 7 continents
See the northern lights
Visit the Grand Canyon
Going in Safari
Climb a mountain
Walk the great wall of China
See a lunar eclipse
Run a marathon
Sleep under the stars
Spend a whole day eating junk food without feeling guilty
Watch the launch of the space shuttle
Go up in a hot-air balloon
Scuba dive off Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Spend New Year’s in an exotic location
Plant a tree
Ski a double-black diamond run
- 4 large tomatoes, (about 1 1/2 pounds/675 g total)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small goat cheeses (about 8 ounces/225 g total)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- salad leaves for serving (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Core the tomatoes, cut shallow lids from the flower (rounded) ends, and discard them. Using a sharp spoon or melon baller, scoop out about half of the seeds from the tomatoes, taking care not poke a hole int he bottom. Sprinkle in insides with salt and pepper. Toast the bread and stamp out the largest possible rounds from the center of each with a 3-inc/7.5 cm cookie cutter. Brush the rounds generously with some of the olive oil and set them in a single layer in a small baking dish.
- For the filling, crumble the goat cheeses into a bowl, or coarsely crush them with a fork. Mix the garlic, parsley, chives, thyme, pepper, and a little salt in a small bowl, and sprinkle half the mixture in the tomatoes. Fill the tomatoes with the crumbled cheese, mounding it so it is not packed down. Sprinkle withe the remaining garlic mixture and drizzle with the rest the olive oil. Place the tomatoes on the bread croûtes.
- Bake until the cheese is very hot and the tomato skins start to split, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve the tomatoes hot on individual plates, garnished with a few salad leaves if you like.
Six scientists isolated from the world for 365 days, sheltered in a geodesic dome half loss of Mauna Loa, one of the five volcanoes of Hawaii. With this experience, which sought to simulate the conditions of a stay on Mars, is expected to establish guidelines for future trips to the red planet.
The team consisted of experts in medicine or physics of various nationalities. The six have had to live in a small with limited resources and recognize that feigned stay on Mars has been very real space for them.
Mauna Loa was chosen because its soil is similar to that of Mars. Because of the altitude, the environment does not grow any plants. They have been living there completely isolated, within a cabin of 11 meters wide and 6 high that fed by solar energy. Possessed of a communications system that relayed messages with 20 minutes late, the same time it would take to get a communication if there was a real connection Mars-Earth. Every time they wanted to go outside, it had to do with special costumes.
Participants were able to get water in a dry climate and feed. But in addition to technical and physical issues, the mission proved the psychological capacity of individuals. They have been twelve months of isolation from the outside world and twelve months of intense coexistence in a confined space.
Simulation which have passed has been the longest second carried out by man so far. The first was a 520-day project conducted Russia. NASA will begin its next simulated mission in January next year and is expected to last eight months.
The experience leaves valuable information for future space travel, but also reveals the physical and psychological cruelty involved